Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Do you only use iTunes? Do you consider other sites?
Have you ever used Musicane, 7Digital, Nimbot, Hoooka, SNOCAP etc.?
I only recently discovered these sites! From a creators point of view they seem theoretically to be a brilliant way to easily distribute and sell your music mp3s online. On many you can even set your price very cheap (some of mine are FREE, some are 15 cents).

[Indie artists see this really useful comparison site: http://www.hometracked.com/2007/06/27/music-sales-widget-feature-comparison/ ]

I'm also wondering if anyone else has any experience of using such artist-self-distribution sites or whether people would consider buying from them. As a buyer OR creator of music, do you think it is a losing game and does an artist really have to be on Apple's iTunes and already have tonnes of fans to even make enough to reach the point where the artist gets anything back from the site (usually a minimum annual payment threshold of around US$15 or maybe UK £10 ish).

I've dived right in and tried two of them but so far no sales, not that I expected any, because as with anything the trick is to get traffic to your site in the first place.

From my point of view the Musicane one is pretty cool because it allows me to let anyone re-sell my music and garner 20% (or whatever I choose) of the profits. But I can't get it to accept my UK credit card - I had to try it to see if it worked!

If anyone would like to share stores and a cut of the profits please get in touch by the way via myspace.com/duncanalex.

Did you know that you can now buy Duncan Alex songs & videos from
0 (FREE) to US15cents to UK0.77p on: http://www.duncanalex.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home